Programs and Services Offered
Do you need help during Covid-19? …
The Community Outreach Team provides a number of services to seniors and others with special needs who live in their own homes or in apartments, in Glengarry County and East Stormont. Ably assisted by loyal volunteers and skilled staff, the Outreach Team serve to enhance one’s quality of life, self-esteem, personal well-being and promote independence.
In addition, the Manor operates a separate Seniors’ Centre within its premises. The Centre serves as a ‘meeting place’ for local seniors with all levels of mobility, health and social needs. Lunch is available at The Café daily.
1. The Adult Day Program provides supervised activities for seniors and individuals with specialized needs such as the disabled adult, frail elderly or persons with impaired cognitive ability.
- supervised meals
- personal care
- minor health care
- supervision of medication
- social / recreational activities
- transportation (optional)
Additional services may be arranged for a nominal fee: tub bath, hairdressing extended hours and foot care.
2. Meal Programs are available to the senior community in their homes or at the Manor.
The Meals on Wheels service provides meals to homebound individuals in order to ensure nutritional needs are met. Meals usually consist of a soup or salad, hot meal or cold plate and dessert. Arrangements can be made for the provision of extra meals and special diets.
Congregate Dining provides for an attractive nutritious three course meal served in a pleasant setting at the Centre on pre-arranged days/nights. Social interaction, entertainment, games and educational speakers are included.
Lunch and Evening meals are also available at our Town Square Cafe daily at very affordable rates.
3. Transportation is provided for medical appointments and treatments, shopping trips, recreational outings and social activities. Transportation is provided by Volunteers and/or staff using private cars or agency owned vehicle. Persons with a physical disability and cannot travel in a conventional car can request service of a wheelchair equipped van allowing travel ease and comfort.
4. Other programs include:
- Assurance Program
- Home Maintenance Programs
- Caregiver Support
- Client Intervention and Assistance
- Recreational Programs
The following Clinics are held at the Seniors’ Centre:
- Income Tax Clinic
- Hearing Clinic
- Healthy Well Being Clinic (Blood pressure and weight checks, health education & information)
- Foot care
Many of these services rely on dedicated VOLUNTEERS!
Have a look at Volunteer Opportunities that are available.