Committed and dedicated volunteers of all ages are at the heart of Maxville Manor. Hundreds of volunteers bring their life experiences and skills and donate over 25,000 hours of their time to enhancing the lives of others.
There are numerous opportunities for which volunteers can share their ‘gift of time’ with others. The hours are flexible and all receive training and support in their volunteer role.
Volunteer Opportunities ….
- Group discussions
- Games & Trivia
- Trips and shopping escorts
- Spiritual support and worship
- Arts & Crafts
- Baking & Tea Parties
- Board, Committee and Governance membership
- Administrative & clerical duties
- Special functions (BBQ’s, birthday parties, brunches, dinner clubs)
- Meal & feeding assistance
- Intergenerational Programs
- Pet Visiting
- Pastoral and Palliative programs
- Exercise and Fitness programs
- Career experiences
- Delivering meals
- Day program
- Comfort care
CURRENT VOLUNTEER NEEDS – Posted June 21st 2018
Long Term Care Facility:
• Volunteer drivers to provide transportation & assistance to medical appointments, errands and social outings for seniors living in their own homes.
• Volunteers to deliver hot meals to persons living at home.
• Summer students wishing to help out with resident activities, meal times, and wish to meet & develop companionships with seniors 1 or twice a week.
• Volunteer who enjoys conversation & doing manicures for residents. Commitment of 2 hours on Thursday mornings 9:30-11:30am.
If you are interested in helping others in your community, please contact:
Phyllis Burtenshaw Lalonde
Director Outreach & Volunteer Services
Tel. (613) 527-2170 ext. 228